Ben Bruce Memorial Raceway
2012 Drag Race Rules & Information
This page contains rules and information that should help to explain specific rules of drag racing. As a general rule BBMAR follows the IHRA Rulebook, if you have a specific question or comment about the rules, please contact us by email, the contact page here on our site or by phone.
Pits, Staging Lane, Burn-out Box & Start Line Rules:
- 3 support persons only, per vehicle, allowed in burn-out area & start line
- Maximum of 4 wrist bands per race team including driver
- Tow vehicle & 2 people maximum to go get vehicle back, from end of track, after a run.
- Only race car, support team and driver beyond double stripe in staging lanes.
- If a support vehicle was used to bring a car to the start line, please use the return road to return to the pits. DO NOT come back under the stands going the wrong direction.
- Absolutely NO BURNOUTS in the PITS.
- NO TEST HITS ALLOWED IN THE PITS!!!
- A neutral safety switch on all cars (standard & automatic transmissions) is a MUST to pass tech inspection.
- 3 or 4 wheelers, golf carts and bicycles are to be used for race support only. Your car number has to be displayed on the support vehicle. NO JOY RIDING!!!
- The “Lights” on the back of the stands basically, are to show racers when to come to come to the staging lanes. When the “Yellow” light is on it tells the BOX Class bracket racers to come to the lanes. The “Green” is for No Box and the “Red” is for Evadale Bad Boyz (in lanes 1 & 2). When the lights are turned off the Test & Tune guys can come when called.
Rules set due to Insurance Regulations
Door Cars Only.
Any Combinations Allowed at any Weight.
No Throttle Stops Allowed in Car.
No Delay Boxes Allowed in Car.
No Deep Staging.
.400 Auto Pro Tree for All Index Classes.
Times Will Be Posted.
Eliminations are All Run
Qualified by ET
If Double Breakout – Closest to index wins.
- It is at the track management’s discretion to disqualify any participant who’s conduct, behavior, and/or demeanor is such that they would operate a vehicle in a hazardous or un-sportsmanlike manner and will not receive any refunds of any sort.
- No Alcohol
- No Fire Arms
- No Pets
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS
- NO CHARCOAL BBQ PITS (GRILLS) Please use Gas Grills ONLY! Anyone using a Charcoal Grill will be asked to extinguish the grill and put it away.
- Alcohol consumption by participating drivers is strictly prohibited. Violators face expulsion from the event along with their race car and /or crew members and will not receive any refunds of any sort.
- No alcohol is allowed in staging lanes or starting line area.
- No glass bottles are allowed on track premises.
- The speed limit in the facility is 5 mph.
- No skateboards or roller blades are allowed anywhere.
- NO spectator vehicles allowed in the pits. This means if your vehicle is not a tow vehicle for the trailer or race car, it’s not allowed.
- 3 or 4 wheelers and bicycles are to be used for race support only. Your car number has to be displayed on the support vehicle. NO JOY RIDING!!! No spectator ATV’s, Golf Carts and Bikes allowed in the PITS. This is not an ATV Park.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed to operate any motorized vehicle.
- No one allowed in front of double yellow lines in staging lanes without a wrist band. This is a restricted area.
- Drivers must be 18 years of age to race a full size car. 16 years of age with driver’s licenses and parent or guardian signed release.
- JR. Dragsters must have a signed release by parent or guardian.
- No children under 16 years of age are allowed to operate a motorized or non-motorized vehicle in the pits PERIOD..
- Positively No unsupervised children allowed on the premises!
- No children, except Jr Dragsters, less than 16 years of age allowed in the vehicle staging lanes.
- Motorcycles must have full face helmet, leather jacket & “deadman” switch. Full all leathers are mandatory for the riders of motorcycles running 120 MPH or faster. Leather boots or shoes above the ankle, leather jacket and leather gloves are mandatory for all riders of motorcycles